Wellness Wednesday by Nurse Fiona- Organic acids testing
To be healthy your body must process through a complex metabolic system that produces energy and restores tissues. Metabolism is the process in which the body coverts the food you eat into energy and new structures.
Here at Nuriss we offer the Organic acids test to show how well your metabolism is working and if there are any blockages occurring in this process. This test allows us to tailor a nutritional plan dependent on what is happening inside your body. Nurse Fiona believes this is one of the best ways to get a detailed analysis of many aspects of your health as we can use this comprehensive test to determine what supplements, IV therapy and lifestyle advice may be suitable for you.
What is the organic acids test used for?
The organic acids test is a single urine specimen and useful for determine below
- Fat/carbohydrate/protein metabolism- this test helps us to measure how well you are breaking down fat, carbohydrates and protein. If you are having trouble losing weight this may be an issue for you
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need including glutathione deficiency- Oxidative stress is one of the driving factors behind inflammation and we can measure glutathione recycling and the body’s ability to produce Co-enzyme Q10
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites- The Organic Acid test measures the metabolites of the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin and adrenaline, this can help to identify the cause of health issues like anxiety, depression, and insomnia
- Mitochondrial energy production. It measures the function of the Citric Acid cycle, which is how your body makes energy! Each step of this process requires certain vitamins and nutrients and by identifying which aspects of the cycle are not working optimally we know what nutrients are needed.
- Methylation sufficiency- Methylation is something that is becoming a big thing in health and wellness. One important gene is MTHFR which affects folate metabolism, this test measures how well your cells are using folate and vitamin B12 which is another important component of methylation. Blood tests show how much folate and B12 is in the blood but your cells may not be able to use it so the Organic Acid test is more accurate at identifying deficiencies.
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth- Bacterial infections and Candida are also causes of inflammation and one of the driving forces behind digestive problems but also skin issues, fatigue, anxiety, behavior problems and many other health issues
If you would like more information about Nuriss Organic acids test or any other testing we offer, please email email@example.com